Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Lobster

I just had the best lobster of my life, at the Hitching Post 2 in Buellton, California.

But let's backtrack a bit because today didn’t actually start out that great. I woke up rather swollen, from the amazing deep-fried crab and wine of the night before. Then headed out for breakfast at Dottie's (touted and confirmed the best breakfast in San Fran) only to find the diner CLOSED on Tuesdays. Went to the other side of town for the much anticipated bacon maple latte, only to find it unpalatable. Drove to San Luis Obispo only to have a mediocre fish taco. Whaaa, right?!

Made it to Buellton only to check my email and find out I did NOT get a job that I really wanted. Super sad. So I am likely doomed to be a failure my entire life and I will never get a job. Or so I thought.

Alas, the day did turn around. I took a nap and watched Sideways (at the skeezy Windmill Inn Motel), in preparation for dinner at the Hitching Post. Ron and I walked over, shared a bottle of good wine and the grilled artichoke. Yum. Then I went nuts and ordered the lobster special. It was shelled and cooked over a proper Santa Maria oak grill. Best. Lobster. Ever.

So, tomorrow is a new day AND tomorrow I get my skeleton! And there is a tiny chance that I may actually eventually be a productive member of society, but we'll have to wait on that one.

Here are a couple of pics from the Boccolone salumi shop at the Ferry Building, in San Fran. The second is the mixed salumi cup. Don't worry, it is all from pasture raised organic piggies.



Night.

1 comment:

  1. What? Better than the lobster in Intampolo? No way...

    ReplyDelete